Having a well thought-out structure and permalink settings for your WordPress site is absolutely critical. It’s the foundation of your website and the better your foundation, the stronger your website.
So how exactly does having proper WordPress site structure & permalinks help?
- It ensures that your website is organised in a logical fashion, so that visitors and search engines (like Google) can quickly/easily understand what your site is about and the topics it covers.
- Other things being equal, it increases the chances of your website showing-up on the first page of Google. And we all know that is priceless.
And how do you optimise your WordPress site structure & permalinks ?
Good question .
- Resume Singapore
- Resume Writing Services Singapore
- Resume Writers Singapore
- Singapore Resume Samples
- Singapore Resume Templates
- Main/Parent page for my services: www.firstimpressions.com/resume-singapore/. This will include an overview of why it is important to have a good resume when looking for jobs in Singapore.
- Sub-pages of the main page:
- Our Approach & Pricing: www.firstimpressions.com/resume-singapore/resume-writing-services-singapore/. This page will have details of our resume writing process and pricing.
- Our Writers: www.firstimpressions.com/resume-singapore/resume-writers-singapore/. Here I’ll put background information on our resume writers.
- About Us Page: www.firstimpressions.com/resume-writers-singapore/. A page for background information on the company in general.
- Contact Us Page: www.firstimpressions.com/contact-resume-singapore/.
- Categories: I keep two categories.
- Singapore Resume Samples: www.firstimpressions.com/singapore-resume-samples/. I can then add articles which have samples for different occupations, such as www.firstimpressions.com/singapore-resume-samples/banker/ www.firstimpressions.com/singapore-resume-samples/teacher/ www.firstimpressions.com/singapore-resume-samples/consultant/
- Singapore Resume Templates: www.firstimpressions.com/singapore-resume-templates/. Similar to the samples, here I’ll add templates for different occupations.
- Permalinks/URLs: For the post URLs to appear like what I’ve shown above, I need to make some changes in my WordPress settings. So in the admin panel I click on Settings and then Permalinks, which take me to the page shown below. As you can see the default setting is to have post permalinks/Urls as http://www.yourwebsite.com/?p=123. What this means is that the first post published will have the URL www.firstimpressions.com/?p1, the second would be www.firstimpressions.com/?p2 and so on. So I select the Custom Structure option and enter this - /%category%/%postname%/ – in order to have the permalinks appear the way I want them to. If my category names were very wordy, then to avoid too long a URL, I might have chosen just /%postname%/.
- Main/Parent page for my services: www.firstimpressions.com/svs/.
- Our Approach & Pricing: www.firstimpressions.com/prices/.
- Our Writers: www.firstimpressions.com/writers/.
- About Us Page: www.firstimpressions.com/about/.
- Contact Us Page: www.firstimpressions.com/contact/.
- Categories: 1) Articles 2) Videos.
- Posts: Default WordPress permalinks settings.