In a previous post, I mentioned that I stopped using the WP eStore plugin, since like many of the WordPress E-commerce plugins, it was too much of a hassle to maintain.
I switched to E-junkie as my WordPress shopping cart provider and it’s brilliant. Here is a detailed write-up of the features:
Easy to use, centrally-managed service.
- Any digital or tangible product can be sold on your website, blog, eBay, Facebook page, MySpace profile or newsletter.
- There is no software you would need to install anywhere and no programming needed.
Digital storage & delivery for files & codes.
- If you are selling digital items, buyers are redirected to the instant download of your product after a successful payment. Buyers are also sent download link(s) in a “thank you” e-mail customisable by you. These are secure links which expire after the maximum number of download attempts and hours you allow for the product.
- You files are stored securely on E-junkie servers, or, remotely on your own server.
- Their system automatically issues each buyer a unique, secure and expirable download link after their payment is confirmed as complete.
Works with stored pin codes as well as generated pin/registration codes.
- If you are selling phone cards or anything else which requires stored codes, you can simply enter the codes while adding or editing your product and E-junkie will pick the codes from that list and send to the buyer.
- If you are selling a software or anything else that needs the registration code to be generated based on user data, E-junkie can call a script on your server with the user data and use the code generated by it.
- Each buyer’s copy of your PDF eBook file can be stamped with their name, email address and unique transaction ID, which discourages sharing and allows you to identify who shared your file if you do happen to find a copy out “in the wild” somewhere.
Multiple payment choices for buyers
- E-junkie shopping cart allows buyers to choose among PayPal, Google Checkout, Authorize.Net.
- The shopping cart works inside your site and buyers don’t have to deal with annoying pop-ups.
- E-junkie lets you add options like size, color etc. to your products: While adding or editing a product you can specify the options you want the buyers to enter or choose to tell them more about your product. If you want, you can even maintain a different price, stock and SKU for each of these items.
Shipping & packaging calculation.
- The shopping cart supports a variety of shipping calculation methods, including live rate lookups with USPS.com or UPS.com, flat rates per order or per item, or custom rates per ounce or gram.
- Packaging calculation can factor into your shipping charges the weight and cost of packing materials and determine “combined” packaging required for shipping each order.
Sales tax & VAT calculation.
- E-junkie cart charges sales tax by matching buyer location based on region rules specified by you. If you enable VAT, the prevailing rate will be charged to E.U. buyers based on their location and yours.
If you need to sell individual files (like MP3 tracks) as well as a group of files together (like a complete album), or need to offer a discounted combo deal, their packaged product feature is useful.
Inventory management and discount codes
- You can set the quantity and a date-time limit for any product you are selling. This feature can be useful for selling tangible goods, phone card codes, event tickets or limited circulation articles.
- You can create flat price discount codes for each product and also percentage discount codes based on order total, quantity or shipping amount of the complete order.
Autoresponder, updates & newsletters
- For each product, you can configure an email with a thank you note, instructions and anything else you want.
- You can send updates and newsletters to any buyer group. Buyers are automatically placed in the group of the product they have purchased and you can also manually add other people to buyer groups.
I’m using the E-junkie shopping cart to sell digital downloads (ebooks and other documents) on my Wordpres site and Facebook page. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Setup your Seller Account & Payment Processors.
Step 2: Add a product and select from the various options available.
Step 3: Customise your Thank You/Product Download Page.
Step 4: Upload your product files and paste the shopping cart button codes into your sites .
And you’re done!
I’ve been using E-junkie for a few months now and it’s sooo much easier that most of the WordPress E-Commerce plugins. With plugins I often had issues with small things that went wrong and settings that needed to be changed, especially after plugin/theme/Wordpress updates. With E-junkie it’s literally been a case of set and forget.