Choosing a good service to host your website is not as easy as it should be. If you search the internet for website hosting companies, the results can be quite overwhelming. There are many sites providing ranking and reviews of web hosts, with each one pointing you in a different direction. Often the reviews are very superficial and are given by people looking to make a quick buck.
So your search for the best website host might lead you down a never ending research process.
That’s exactly what happened to me and after spending hours on the internet looking for the best place to house my website, I tried one of the hosting services that had decent user reviews in a few websites. However, even though I spent a lot of time on the process, I still wasn’t sure of my selection and was taking a chance. This led to a bunch of nightmares and I faced issues such as:
- My website being down for unacceptable amounts of time.
- Not being able to get quick and high quality support from the web host, to resolve problems.
- Slow and unresponsive website loading time.
- Not receiving the full amount of hosting resources/power advertised by the web host.
Such things were not good news for my business website. In the end I changed hosts but used a very different selection process. After my bad experience, it was all about TRUST for me. So I decided to do the following:
- Ask people I knew very well, to recommend hosting companies they actually used and trusted for a long time.
- Search the websites of a few bloggers, internet marketers and other professionals who’s opinion I trusted, for information on web hosts they recommended.
- Select a web host from all the recommendations, who was affordable, reliable and provided excellent 24/7 support. This was a must.
I decided on two web hosts:
- Vodien: A Singapore web hosting company, based on advice from trusted connections in Singapore (where I live). I also took comfort from the fact that they are in the same city and I could visit their office and see the people behind the provider. This company has been great. The performance of my website hosted with them has been excellent and the support team is truly amazing! They are available 24/7 for support on the phone/email and really know their stuff.
- Bluehost: Based on recommendations I read from bloggers/professionals I trusted. In addition to other websites, kidnap customers is hosted with Bluehost. They have been great as well. Very responsive support team, who I can get in touch with day and night, via phone/email/online chat. They are reliable, I’ve got whatever they promised and the price is affordable.